Wow that month went by quickly. Wasn’t it just yesterday I was flying to Seattle for the Passenger concert? Hmm, time flies when you’re having fun and traveling.
For some reason this transition between summer and winter has been hell on my skin. My face can’t seem to figure it’s shit out and it’s been frustrating to say the least. I’ve fallen back on some tried and true favorites, but also found a few new gems. As always this will be a conglomerate of favorite things from the month.
- Weleda Skin Food – I’ve know about this for a while, and thought about getting it. I think I may have even tried it some time ago when a friend let me use some. But I finally bought a bottle after my trip to Seattle. I used some on my face the night I was there and when I woke up in the morning my skin had gone to a whole new happy place. Thank you Amazon for 2 day shipping. I use this every other day or so, usually before bed. It’s made things a lot better.
- Activated Charcoal – This stuff stopped a cheese-induced stomach ache in it’s tracks. It’s a game changer. I took a heaping tablespoon mixed in water. It’s chalky, but doesn’t taste like much, so just shoot it. I haven’t used it for anything else, but I hope to explore it’s possibilities soon.
- Carrie Rad – This YouTuber is in the middle of a self-care series that is just fantastic. She travels a bunch too, and is now engaged to one of the Vagabrothers from last month’s favorites. So cute and so worth the watch.
- This could easily top my lifetime favorites list, it’s just that good. I’ve tried other things, but I keep coming back to Lush’s Cup O’ Coffee face mask and body scrub. It’s a delightful coffee fact mask that doubles as a face and body scrub. It’s my ultimate comfort and leaves my skin oh so happy. If you haven’t tried it, you are missing out.
- Away Luggage – I’ve heard a lot of great things about this brand of luggage, so in anticipation of upcoming travels I bought their Bigger Carry On ahead of our Ireland trip. I was able to pack for myself and bring a few things for Pat, all a carry on. I did have to check it plane side on a few legs of the journey (small planes in and out of Boise tend to be that way), but it was the perfect travel companion. The battery pack it comes with is just magic too. No dead electronics on the long trip and we didn’t have to search for outlets at the airport. It’s durable and easy to use, with so many built in features. If you travel a lot, I highly recommend this luggage.
- Kirkland Signature Wool Socks – The perfect warm and toasty boot sock. I’ve been living in them, since I live in my Freebird boots. The handle the laundry really well too. No shrinkage, even with warm water and a fully heated dry.
- Dr. Teal’s Body Lotion – I’m really enjoying this lotion. It is light but packs a huge moisture punch. And it’s cruelty free.
- Whisky Sours – Pat usually orders this drink from our favorite bar, but since we’ve moved away from said bar, he’s started making them at home. And now he’s got me hooked on them. We use 2 parts whisky, one part lemon juice, and one part simple syrup. We forgo the egg white when making them at home, but they are still delicious!
I think that about sums it up this month. Let me know if you have any favorites I need to check out!
Hello! I’m Whitney and this is my home for all things food and life.