Another month come and gone. Wedding weekend is over. It was magical, stressful, beautiful, and I’m honestly a bit more glad it’s over than I feel I should be. But it was incredible to have all of my people in one place, celebrating something that is so very good in my life. 4 years together and I finally have a husband and new last name. And now we are back to normal. I’ve still got a few piles of laundry to finish, but the house is clean and we’re back to our regular routines. Below are a few things that got me through the month leading up to the wedding.
- Halo Beauty Kiwi Seed Booster – I know you aren’t supposed to change your beauty and skin routine before the wedding, but I had a feeling this supplement would be well worth the risk. My face gets very flushed very easily, and I have sensitive skin that can act up at the slightest thing. In this desert climate my skin also struggles to remain balanced with enough moisture for health without becoming too oily and breaking out. I wasn’t super interested in Tati’s first supplement, but when I heard her talk about the benefits of this new one, it sounded like a perfect formula for me. I have noticed a better overall skin health, way less redness, and a subtle glow that I didn’t have before. I just received my next bottle and I’m excited to see how my skin does as I continue to take this.
- Fall Beer! – All. Of. It. Sadly most of the grocery stores closest to my house don’t carry the best range of fall beer, so I had to make a special trip to find what I was looking for. A few of my favorites are:
- The Samuel Adams Fall Variety pack which includes 2 of my all time favorites: Octoberfest and their Black Lager. The Coffee Pale Ale is also excellent.
- Deschutes Hopzeit Autumn IPA. This is new to me this year and so tasty!
- Elysian Night Owl Pumpkin Ale. Probably one of my favorite pumpkin beers ever. I haven’t seen it in stores near me yet, but a Portland friend has found it so it’s just a matter of time.
- New Beglium Pumpkick. I don’t know that they make this beer anymore, but it was a pumpkin ale with cranberry and I loved it.
- Shipyard Pumpkinhead. I can’t get this over here on the west coast, but I first tried this magical beer at The Green Dragon in Boston, served on tap with a cinnamon sugar rim. I still have dreams about that experience years later.
- Our new couch! It was a bit of an “extra” purchase, but we are in love with this couch. It’s from Z Gallerie and it’s called The Cloud. It’s their best seller and we know why. I should separate it out to make my living room look normal, but it’s like a bed when it’s all pushed together and let’s be honest, that’s the best way to lounge.
- CND Rescue RXx. I’ve been using this nail product for a few years now, but it’s been a lifesaver leading up to the wedding. My nails are in great shape and nice and long. Daily application is preventing any last minute breaks. If you’ve struggled to have long, nice nails, I highly recommend this product.
- M*A*S*H. This is officially my binge-watching, on repeat, comfort TV show. Some people watch Sex in the City, some people watch Friends, one of my best friends watches Gilmore Girls. I watch M*A*S*H. And I’ve watched it almost every night this month. Just sitting. On that magical couch. Making hair wraps for the wedding. Drinking fall beer. It’s my favorite.
I wish I had a few more for you, but the month flew by and I didn’t have a whole lot of new things going on. Now that the wedding is over, I hope to get a few more fall recipes up for you. I also signed up for Book of the Month Club at the suggestion of my sister, so I should have some new book recommendations too. I’m planning to take October to focus on reading rather than TV or movies. There are so many things I enjoy and not enough time for all of them. I feel like I have to schedule time to focus on each. Anyone else have that adult problem?
Anyway, next up I’m headed to Seattle to see Passenger in concert. He’s my absolute favorite and I’m so excited! Then we are headed to Ireland in November. Also very excited about that! It was supposed to be our honeymoon but instead we are going with some of Pat’s family (which is totally ok), so we are thinking of going to Italy sometime next year as a more official honeymoon trip. So there should be some travel content coming your way as well. Lots to look forward to!
Currently drinking: Parma Ridge Winery Pinot Gris (left over from the wedding)
Currently reading: The Silence of the Girls by Pat Barker
Hello! I’m Whitney and this is my home for all things food and life.